Help & Info FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will my order be shipped?
We dispatch orders every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Q: Can my item be delivered to a PO Box?
Yes. All deliveries are sent via Australia Post eParcel and can easily be delivered to PO Boxes.
Q: Does your postage fee include insurance?
Yes, all delivery costs include insurance.
Q: How do I track the progress of my delivery?
By close of business on the day your order has been dispatched, you will receive an email from our eParcel system with full tracking details and information so that you can monitor your order online and in real time. Alternatively you can log into your Third Gear account and retreive your shipping info at your convenience.
Q: When will my parcel arrive via eParcel?
The following table outlines estimated delivery times with Australia Post. Please note that due to Australia Post regulations we are not able to treat any parcel as lost until five business days after their estimated delivery date. Some orders may take us an additional 2-3 business days to process as they are special order.
|Melbourne Metro||2-5 business days|
|Sydney Metro, Adelaide Metro, Vic Country||3-6 business days|
|Brisbane Metro||3-6 business days|
|NSW Country, QLD Country South, Tasmania||4-7 business days|
|Perth Metro, QLD Country North||4-8 business days|
|NT statewide||6-8 business days|
|WA Country Near||6-8 business days|
|WA Country Far, External Territories||7-9 business days|
|Melbourne Metro||1-3 business days|
|Sydney Metro, Adelaide Metro, Vic Country||1-3 business days|
|Brisbane Metro||1-3 business days|
|NSW Country, QLD Country South, Tasmania||2-4 business days|
|Perth Metro, QLD Country North||2-4 business days|
|NT statewide||2-4 business days|
|WA Country Near||2-4 business days|
|WA Country Far, External Territories||3-5 business days|
Q: How much is delivery?
Shipping prices vary depending on delivery post code. Simply add your post code and the qauntity of items you wish to order at the product page and it will calculate it for you.
Q: Does someone need to be home to receive my order?
No, however if no-one is home and Australia Post does not believe it is safe to leave your parcel they will leave you a card in your mail box with all the information required to pick up your parcel/s.
Q: Can I pick up my order?
We do not offer pick up / click and collect on any order.
Q: Do you ship international?
No. We currently are not offering any international shipping.
Q: Can I purchase products not listed on the website?
If everything we have access to is listed on our site for sale - if there is something that you don't see let us know as we might be able to help out.
Q: What does presale mean?
If you purchase something on Presale, your order is not currently in stock, but will be dispatched as soon as the items are available.
You will also notice an expected dispatch date informing you of when the products are expected to be back in stock.
Q: What is your ABN?
ABN: 49 801 036 989
Q: Why sign up to the newsletter?
By signing up to the newsletter you will be first to hear about all new product releases, sales and Third Gear news!
Q: What payment methods do you accept?
Third Gear accepts payments made by Visa, Mastercard, Afterpay and PayPal.
Q: If I purchase a Third Gear product, will I be supplied with a Tax Invoice?
A tax invoice will get emailed to you and in most instances a paper one included with your order.
Q: Is It Safe To Make Credit Card Payments Online?
The Third Gear website uses SSL Encryption.
All payments made on the Third Gear website are processed by via Stripe Payment Gateway which is highly reliable and secure.
Q: Do your products come with a warranty?
Yes. All goods come with a standard 12 month return-to-base warranty.
Q: When does the warranty become valid?
Warranty is effective from the date of receipt of the product.
Where accurate tracking information is unavailable it is assumed delivery occurs five business days after dispatch.
Q: What does the warranty cover?
Third Gear's 12 month warranty covers product defects in material and workmanship.
Warranty will not cover fault or damage caused by a customer's use or misuse of the product.
Q. How do I have my product fixed under warranty?
All warranty work is return-to-base. The customer is responsible for shipment of the item back to our warehouse.
The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) has introduced some new requirements with respect to warranties against defective goods supplied from 1 January 2012 in respect of sales to consumers.
- Goods sold to consumers may come with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
- Consumers are entitled to a replacement of the goods or a refund of the price for a major failure of the goods and also compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
- Consumers are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Full details of your consumer rights may be found at www.consumerlaw.gov.au
- Where consumers have purchased goods and the manufacturer has also provided a warranty against defects (Manufacturers Warranty), that warranty is in addition to the consumer guarantee we provide in relation to the goods.
- This website is operated by Third Gear Pty Ltd - ABN: 49 801 036 989
- By browsing this Website, or placing an Order, You agree to these Terms and Conditions as set out below, which constitutes a legally binding Agreement between Us and You for the supply of Products.
- All prices listed on the website are listed in Australian Dollars unless otherwise stated
- All prices listed on the website include GST unless otherwise specified. All prices listed on the website exclude delivery costs, which is shown separately in the checkout or may be calculated from the product page
- Features and specifications of products described or depicted on the website are subject to change without notice
- An order is placed by following the instructions in the checkout and is confirmed once payment is received
- Third Gear reserves the right to cancel an order at their sole discretion
- In the event an order is canceled the funds will be returned via the original payment method
- We provide a 30-day money back guarantee on all products
- We will provide a full refund of the order price less initial delivery costs or a 20% restocking fee where shipping is not charged; it is the buyer's responsiblity to arrange return shipping at their cost
- To be eligible for our money back guarantee you must email email@example.com within thirty days of receiving the product for further instructions
- Once the product is received by Third Gear we will arrange for a refund via the original payment method
- Goods must be in as new condition with all original accessories supplied in the same condition they were received in, with original packaging. If goods are not in new condition a restocking fee for the cost of replacement parts will be applied